Physical access control has traditionally been a standalone system that companies use to add and remove users manually (typically with key cards). Even as cloud-based access control systems have come to market, there hasn’t been much urgency for traditional software providers to integrate with these systems to automate the adding and removing of users workflows to manage physical access control.
Having a largely manual process leads to some critical failure points, especially with removing user access. Often times when employees leave the company or are terminated, it can take months to disable their key cards (if it even happens at all). For organizations that are security conscious or have requirements to deactivate user access within a few hours of termination, this status quo is untenable. While moving to the cloud can seemingly solve some of these issues, it does require a SAML integration to ensure proper access to the platform.
Okta Integration: Extend Physical Access Control into Your Identity Management Platform.
Our first ever integration in this arena was with Okta. Genea’s Okta integration allows you to automate provisioning workflows across all your offices and integrate single sign-on (SSO) for both admin access to the management dashboard and user access to their mobile keys.
One key aspect of this integration is that when users are deactivated in Okta, all of their keys across all offices will be deactivated. No more chasing down tickets from HR or going to your Windows machine in the IT closet to deactivate individual keys.
It is incredibly simple to automate your access control management with Okta and includes features including:
- Push New Users: New users created through Okta will also be created in Genea’s platform
- Push Profile Updates: Updates made to a user’s Okta profile will be pushed to Genea
- Push User Deactivation: Deactivating the user or disabling the user’s access to the application through Okta will deactivate the user in Genea.
- Push User Suspend: Suspending the user through Okta will deactivate the user from Genea
- Reactivate Users: Reactivating the user through Okta will reactivate the user in Genea.
Simply provide your SSO URL and X.509 Certificate.
To get started with this integration and other ways we are automating access control, please contact us and a member of our team will be happy to help.